Earn An Accredited High School Diploma and Career Certificate Online
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, nearly 30 million people 25 and older don’t have a high school diploma. We believe that a high school diploma opens up new opportunities for your education and your career. St. Johns County Library’s Career Online High School (COHS) offers adults the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and a career certificate online.
The library’s program provides a limited number of scholarships to qualified students who are looking to advance their careers, prepare for workforce entry or continue their education.
Opportunities with Career Online High School
- Apply previous credits you may have earned while in school.
- Earn a diploma that is accepted at Colleges and Universities.
- Get your high school education in an 18 month period (36-semester courses), where 1-semester course is required to be completed every 2 weeks.
- Get the support you need from a qualified academic advisor who will help you on your journey.
- Develop specialized skills and advance in your career with one of eight career certificates:
- High School Diploma with Certified Transportation Services
- High School Diploma with Childhood and Education
- High School Diploma with Food & Customer Service Skills
- High School Diploma with General Career Preparation
- High School Diploma with Homeland Security
- High School Diploma with Office Management
- High School Diploma with Certified Protection Officer
- High School Diploma with Retail Customer Service Skills
Each program includes a set of lessons and evaluations; grades are a combination of the instructor/mentor’s evaluation of students’ work and computer graded tests. We know you’ll appreciate the quality and the convenience of anytime, anywhere learning!
Career Online High School Eligibility
Applicants who successfully complete the online self–assessment, the prerequisite course, and an in-person interview will be considered for enrollment.
To be considered,
- You must be 19 and older.
- You must be a St. Johns County resident.
- You must have a library card in good standing or apply for a library card.
- It is recommended that the applicant has attended 9th grade.
Questions about the Program
- Many questions can be answered with the FAQs.
- To speak with the library’s COHS Program Coordinator, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.