The St. Johns County Public Library System now provides the ability to securely pay fines and fees on a patron’s library account or to donate via credit or debit card using Smart Pay.
You’ll need your library card and PIN number (last 4 digits of your phone number) to log in to SmartPay from the library webpage and retrieve details of your library account. You can see your balance, select items to pay, and securely charge your credit or debit card. Contact your library branch for any questions about your PIN.
- A third party provider (Smart Pay) is used in the process to pay fines, fees or donate, or otherwise initiate credit/debit card transactions via the library’s website.
- The transaction is protected by SSL certification, a protocol for transmitting data securely.
- Smart Pay also complies with PCI-DSS standards (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.)
- The St. Johns County Public Library System does not collect or store any personal information or credit or debit card processing data collected from the SmartPay site.
- Library fines and fees are cleared automatically from your library account during the payment process. Fees of $3 and over may be paid via credit card.
- A failed transaction may leave a pending charge on your account. These “pre-authorized” amounts normally clear within 24 hours. One free receipt per account can be printed from SmartPay.
- When you select “SmartPay” you are leaving SJCPLS’s website and will be directed to SmartPay, an online resource to pay library fines and fees. Technical requirements and services are the sole responsibility of SmartPay. By proceeding you agree to accept and assume all risks and responsibilities for the losses and damages that may arise from your use of SmartPay and release SJCPLS from all liability.