Online Reference Library
Access these great resources online from the library or remotely 24/7. Everything from Senior Health to Financial Information to History Resources.
Learn a Language - Free online language learning tools!
Video Tutorials (How to use your Library & just about everything else!)
Games, Music & More
Check out Books & Authors! Books & Authors offers new ways to explore the endless possibilities and combinations of books, authors, genres and topics, as well as SJCPLS Book Club Choices and events. Combining over 140,000 titles, 50,000 authors, and thousands of read-alike, award winner and librarian's favorites lists, Books & Authors helps bring readers and literature together. This database and many others are made available for free to all Florida residents by the State Library of Florida through the Florida Electronic Library.
Newspapers & Magazines Online!
- Florida Times Union
- New York Times Image Edition
- Wall Street Journal (Audio)
- America's Magazines & America's Newspapers
- Popular Magazines
What do I read next?
Come in and see your librarian for readers advisory assistance. No time to come in, no problem! Sign up for our FREE e-mail newsletters or RSS feeds featuring the latest books, audiobooks, movies and programs the Library has to offer. We've even got some patron reviews / recommendations. Not enough reading for you yet? Try FantasticFiction.com or Books & Authors for more suggestions.
If you're a big reader with a circle of friends who are, too -- or if you're looking for a like-minded community - you owe it to yourself to check out Goodreads.
If you have an e-book reader, there are many sources of free e-books & audiobooks to download to your device. Here are a few of them:
- NEW! Google E-Bookstore - Best of the Free ebook selections compatible with many devices
- Internet Archive - Films, books, music & texts in many downloadable formats
- Project Gutenberg - Project Gutenberg makes audio eBooks available for some of the same great literature available in plain text. Listings are divided into two categories: Human-read and computer-generated audio books
- ManyBooks - Includes Project Gutenberg titles and beyond.
- Feedbooks - "A place to discover and publish e-books"
- LibriVox E-audiobooks in the Public Domain
- Literal Systems -"Audiobooks you just can't buy"
- The Spoken Alexandria Project - The Spoken Alexandria Project is creating a free Creative Commons library of spoken word recordings, consisting of classics in the public domain and modern works (with permission). AAC, Ogg Vorbis, and MP3 audiobooks available for free download and redistribution.
- Free Options for Kindles